Monday 23 April 2012

Still Standing

I'm very honoured to be contributing to an amazing new project, Still Standing, started by the wonderful Franchesca at Small Bird Studios.

Still Standing is an online magazine with contributors from around the world. Its aim is to inspire healing after the loss of a child, and for those facing infertility. I feel very lucky to be joining with so many amazing artists and writers as part of this venture. I hope that we will be able to bring some comfort and community to parents facing these difficult times.


I first 'met' Franchesca online back in 2009, through her blog. Her story spoke to me as she had also lost her eldest daughter, Jenna Belle, to premature birth. I have looked on in awe over the years as Franchesca's many wonderful creative ideas have unfolded, from her beautiful blog designs to the line of cards she has produced in collaboration with Carly Marie.

I lost one of my twin daughters, Georgina, to premature birth in August 2008. I will be writing about grieving for a child through the years, how it feels to be a little further down the road as I approach the fourth anniversary of my daughter's death, dealing with grief in the workplace and issues surrounding raising a surviving baby (or babies) from a multiple birth.

The magazine will be launched on the 5th of May, a very special date as it is Jenna's third birthday. In the mean time we have a facebook group and a newsletter to sign up to here.

Hope to see you there.

3 comments:

  1. I always look forward to reading your writings, Catherine. You have a beautiful gift for words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for this! I saw her post about you contributing, on facebook. I can't wait to se what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm going to look at all you links. My thought was, I wonder if this is like Exhale. The online magazine. Looking forward to reading more of what you write.

    ReplyDelete